4th and 5th class engaged in a class debate for Space Week in October. The motion posed was 'Is Space Research a waste of time and money?'. Pupils posed many, many persuasive facts, arguments and further questions. Some arguments were:
- Why are we looking for other planets when we can't even take care of our own?
- Very expensive - money could be spent on fixing problems on our earth (deforestation, homelessness, global warming, poverty etc.)
- Not necessary for human survival (yet)
- Could possibly bring back new diseases/ bacteria/ viruses that us humans could not fight
- Rising world population means we need more place for humans to live
- Possible cures and medications to be found?
- Assist in technology upgrades (e.g. accident blankets, robotics...)
- Could maybe provide another home for humans in the future
- Expand our community in space
- Answer one of our biggest questions: Are we Alone?
Well done to all involved!
What is your opinion on Space Research?
We will keep you updated with our school events on a regular basis